Monday 25th April 2022
Welcome back to school. We hope that you have had a safe and joyful Easter break.
- In English we will be writing to entertain, focussing on the book ‘The Lost thing’ by Shaun Tan. The children will be using the writing techniques from ‘The Write Stuff’ scheme of learning.
- In maths we will focus on: fractions, decimals, and money.
- In history we will consider whether we would rather live in medieval King’s Lynn or in King’s Lynn today? We will focus on the Hanseatic League and medieval merchants.
- In R.E. we will learn about the early Christians, including Peter and Paul, and increase our understanding of Pentecost.
- In DT we will be taking part in a project, designing and constructing historical buildings in King’s Lynn using different textured cardboard.
- In guided reading we will be reading Stig of the Dump by Clive King. In addition, we will continue to practise comprehension skills from the ‘Cracking comprehension’ scheme of learning.
- In music the children will be having weekly samba drumming tuition.
- In P.E. we will be doing cricket and tennis. The children need to wear P.E. kits to school please.
- Year 4 Yellow: P.E. on Wednesday and Friday.
- Year 4 Blue: P.E. on Monday and Wednesday.
The children will be set weekly home learning. This will be set on a Friday and needs to be handed in by the following Wednesday. The children all have their own homework folder which they will bring home on a Friday.
We will continue to have spelling tests every Friday; the spellings will be sent home in the children’s folders each week for the children to practise. In addition to this, we expect them to read at home and practise their times tables every day.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Doherty and Ms Bredin.