Year 5 Curriculum
· Compare & order fractions, link to decimals and percentages.
· Find equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages.
· Add and subtract decimals numbers, up to 3 decimal places.
· To translate and reflect 2-d shapes.
· Calculate perimeter of composite shapes & area of rectangles
· Estimate volume & capacity
· To understand the importance of prayer
· To understand the ‘Our Father’ prayer and the meaning behind it.
understand the Rosary and the importance of it.
Plan different types of scientific enquiries to answer questions, including recognising and controlling variables where necessary,
· Take measurements, using a range of scientific equipment with increasing accuracy and precision,
· Use test results to make predictions to set up further comparative and fair tests.
· Understand how to carry out a fair test, linked to friction.
Work scientifically in Physics linked to Forces:
· Understand and explore different forces, including friction.
Work scientifically in Biology linked to Animals:
· Describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird.
Develop key skills in Striking and Fielding :
· To develop throwing and catching skills
· To understand the rules of Kwik cricket
Develop key skills in Dance:
interpret a scene from ‘A Midsummers Night’s Dream’ through dance.
· Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly
· Coding a simple game.
Art:Producing a ‘Athenian Woods’ scene for the ‘A Midsummer Night’s dream’
• Ukulele’s skills will continue to be developed
• A key focus on new chords and singing at the same time.