| Subject || Objective |
| English || Reading: |
A Monster Calls ,
- reading books that are structured in different ways and reading for a range of purposes,
- checking that the book makes sense to them, discussing their understanding and exploring the meaning of words in context,
- drawing inferences such as inferring characters' feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions, and justifying inferences with evidence,
- identifying how language, structure and presentation contribute to meaning,
- retrieve, record and present information from non-fiction.
| English || Writing: |
- -cious and –tious,
- -cial and –tial,
- -ant –ance
- -ent, -ence and –ency,
- -able and –ible,
- -ably –ibly.
- bullet points,
- active and passive voice,
descriptions and non-chronological reports,
| Maths || |
- negative numbers,
- addition and subtraction,
- multiplication and division,
- order of operations.
| Science || Evolution and Inheritance |
| RE || The Big Question: If the Kingdom of God were a village, what would it be like? |
| PE |
- swimming (for those working towards swimming 25m) or orienteering
| D&T || |
- Researching, designing, making and evaluating bridges.
| Computing || |
- e-safety (age restrictions)
| Music || |
- Make You Feel My Love
- - finding pulse, rhythm and pitch,
- - work as a band/ensemble,
- - improvisation and composing within a song,
- - understand and use the first five notes of the scale.